Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Country Chic

So, my lovely husband saw my facebook post about the new blog. He so kindly pointed out that Country Chic, looks as though we are saying Country CHICK.
In his words, "we move to New Hampshire and now you are a country chick, awesome?!". I replied, something which is better left unshared. To which he retorted, "What? I don't speak country, so I can't understand you".
This leaves me to ponder..... should we remove the CHIC in Country Chic?! Better yet, it shall be justified with an explanation!

My neighbor/friend/business partner and I love almost everything chippy and shabby. If we were to say "Shabby Chic" you would know what we implied. We just are not Shabby Chic ladies, although we do love the shab & admit we are quite stylish! Hence the Country Chic. We live for primitive furniture, ruffly linens and almost anything a little French Country. Scrubbed Pine furniture, fabulous chandeliers, bows on everything & anything black/white/cream which is not pristine. We both have linen sofas, we both heart four poster beds, we both love crisp white bedding & tarnished silver. Imagine an antique chicken incubator, gilded lamp on top, used as a sofa table - this is the epitome of our "country chic". Enough with the explanation.... I think a photo journal is in order. That way you can decide for yourself. In the mean time we will remain Chic & Country!

1 comment:

  1. Just saw on FB that you started a blog. Look forward to what you come up with. Blogland has so much inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Labels