Thursday, March 18, 2010

Old desk turned VANITY!


I recently gave an old painted desk a re-fresh. I have (ALMOST) completed it... and I wonder why it is my dear hubby forbids me to bring any new projects into this home. I am determined to complete all of my unfinished darlings, only so I can get onto bigger and better things.... Painting my kitchen black, putting in hardwood floors in my craft space & adding wainscoting to the walls in a few rooms. I digress.

I found this desk during a recent visit to Cattail Farm Antiques in Maine
With a bit of black paint, sanding and trusty Briwax.... this is the new and improved version of the Girlees Attic Suite Vanity for their odd shaped bathroom.


The only trouble is, I lost one of the handles in the messy "workroom".... now I am on the hunt for replacements.... since they are of odd spacing I am having to come up with a new solution. I am trying to use an alternative so that I do not have to patch the holes and start fresh.... because as a DIYer - you know that with patching comes -sanding, painting and more work! I want to be onto another project already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels