Monday, October 24, 2011

Another Ana White creation, modified.

I built a modified version of this kitchen island/table also known as Michaela's Kitchen Island table over at Ana-White.com.

I wanted it more so as a table to fill in the awkward space between my open kitchen and family room.  I also wanted to use it as a homework station for my kiddos. I am obsessed with chalk board paint & planed to paint the top with it.  I debated, and decided it might create more mess (in the long run) than a white board.  The whiteboard top won out and a crafty table was born. My kids just adore the white board. 
In doing this project, I also put an extra butcher block counter top to use.  My husband did the 2 hr trek to our nearest Ikea to purchase a counter top for our laundry room.  he bought an extra one, just in case - in lieu of another 4 hour round trip trek if one was not enough (silly guy thought I might change my mind on the design & need more, humph the nerve). 
Needless to say, the island/table turned out pretty well, considering it was my first attempt at building a drawer.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels