Friday, December 10, 2010

CHALK BOARD PAINT IN THE KITCHEN???? UUUUMMMM YAH!

I love everything about chalk board paint.  I know it has been done, and done and done.  Really though, how could you not love something that is so easily changed on a whim?  It brings out my inner child.

Recently I was shopping and popped into one of my favorite stores (Anthropologie).
I LOVE how they merchandise their stores.  I am sure you would agree that the holiday season is one of the best times to check out their crafty decor! Like most, this visit I found inspiration!

 I had already purchased chalk board paint and used it on some glass jars....

I had also painted the wall in a little nook area of my "pantry wall" in my kitchen. Only because I have been jonesing to paint my kitchen cabinets black.  Sadly, I have been waiting for my darling hubby to be out of town for a couple of weeks to do so (he doesn't agree with 80% of my projects, 100% of my starting and not finishing projects and 50% of the mess).
Again, I digress. I had no idea what I was going to write on the little chalk board wall. Then I saw this........

I snapped this photo at the Anthropologie store it took up a gigantic section of one whole wall! It was massive!  I scaled it down (A LOT) and recreated my version at home!
This is my ugly pantry wall.  Ok, so it is not that ugly the cabinets are as brand new as the house, just not my style or taste.
a little closer up.  You can see my started collection of white Ironstone, LOVES IT!
What I love most, when I am over it all I have to do is erase it and move on!  That is my kind of wall! Now if only my bestie would visit from Cali...she has the best handwriting I have ever seen! With a bottle of wine, her penmanship and some goofy girl time that little chalk board wouldn't be the same!



1 comment:

  1. This is sooo hilarious! also true in my home as well.
    ..."Sadly, I have been waiting for my darling hubby to be out of town for a couple of weeks to do so (he doesn't agree with 80% of my projects, 100% of my starting and not finishing projects and 50% of the mess). "

    ReplyDelete

Labels